A kingdom lies in the center of Indonesian Chinese peninsula in southeast Asia, a known haven of rich culture and history, considered as one of the world’s No 1 tourist destination in Asia, we are talking about no other than the kingdom or currently called the country of Thailand.
Endowed with the exquisite religious golden temples, palaces, carvings and breath-taking landscapes, Thailand offers an experience that you will never forget.
On your stay in the majestic country, your choice of on staying in Thailand beach rentals will cover up all requirements for a flawless vacation.
When you land in Thailand, being close as possible with nature exploration is the best choice that you won’t regret. People in Thailand loves the beach and marine life, same as other neighboring countries.
Although as a traveler, preparation is the key to a hassle-free vacation or visit in Thailand, many still experienced regrets of not being able to bring essentials for the trip, since they would soon find out about it in the middle of their trip.
We do not want to spoil you of all the fun and excitement of a worry-free visit in this Kingdom, so we have listed and gathered a post of what to take with you for your Thailand excursion.
Common Travel Essentials:
- Durable Backpack
- Yellow card
- Photocopies of your documents (just in case of emergencies)
- Universal Chargers and converters
- Phone with roaming feature or you may buy a Thailand sim card
- Rugged phone case for your phone
- Surge Protector
- Selfie sticks, if you want
- Waterproof Phone cases
- Go Pro, if needed
- Power bank
- Extra Memory for your camera and phone
- Extra Batteries for camera and phone
- Diarrheal medicines
- Motion Sickness medicines
Other special medicines example antihistamines or prescription antibiotics
- Durable shoes, comfortable slippers and sandals, and trekking shoes, if visiting for a formal event, formal shoes
- Wet wipes
- Travel Pillow
- Insect protection repellant
- Tissues/toilet paper
- Sanitizers, Towelettes, and body wipes
- Water Bottles
- For females, make up for humid weather
- Hand Towel and lightweight bath towel
- Laptop, if needed
- Travel-sized deodorant, shampoo & conditioner, soap or body wash, razor, toothbrush, and toothpaste
- Birth control, if using or applicable
- Eye mask for flights, some offer eye masks, so this would be an option for you to bring
- Travel Insurance
- Ear plugs
- Luggage Locks
- Noise calling headphones
- Zip locks
Climate Outfit Essentials:
- Rain Jackets
- Rain bag protector
- Hair ties
- Skirts for females
- Sweater or sweatshirt
Note: Underwear that can withstand heat is a must
- Swim Suit
- Tank tops
- Quick Dry Towel
- Scarf or beach cover up
- Bag for wet clothes
Snorkelling and diving
- For serious snorkelers, it is advised that you bring your own snorkeling gears and mask, but for fun snorkeling, you may bring extra pocket money for renting out a snorkeling gear.
- 3mm wetsuit or Lycra suit for diving, there is an option to rent it out if you want.
- Underwater phone case or camera case
- Long pants and shirt, no revealing clothing.
- Hiking Sandals
- Waterproof trail runners
- KY Jelly for zones of potential pain for tight clothing especially underwear
- Lip Balm
- 60-meter rope
- Antihistamines, anti-diarrheal
- Your own musical instrument of choice
- Recyclable shopping bags
- Extra Money
Apps to download:
- Next Station
- Grab Taxi
- Google Translate
- Learn Thai
- XE Currency
- Banking app
Thailand is more about Architectural exploration and splendor, please do observe respect for the culture and be thoroughly careful when visiting historical landmarks, be sensitive and cautious for signs where they allow photography and those that are off-limits.
Be wary and don’t trust random strangers approaching you in the streets, as usual, be cautious of your belongings, if possible use a zippered pouch which is always attached to your body for your most important things.
Be informed that Thailand’s prostitution is not illegal in their country, bring your protective condoms if you’re planning to participate and meet their sex workers.
There are 7-eleven stores where you can buy other necessities if ever you ran out of supply, they also supply beer if you need one, you can also take advantage of their happy hours for their half-priced drinks.
You can bring your books with you if you are a book-reader/ bookworm, it is also advisable to have an online book app since this will save you space on your back pack.
The list above is all tentative depending on your needs and wants during the trip, it would be best to carry only what you can since they provide some of these in cities and stores, but for other personal needs, as for example special prescribed medicines must be brought, since we are not sure if they offer the same in their country.
Bringing with you a close companion would be one of the wisest decision ever made, the more the merrier!